Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 | Adobe Photoshop CS3 Upgrade | Adobe Photoshop CS3 | Adobe Photoshop CS3 [Mac] | Adobe Lightroom

Canon Digital Rebel XTi and all Accessories, Lenses and Flashes Collection

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Calamari (Squid) Over Polenta



This is a very simple Dalmatian/Istrian recipe which I got from my mom.

Polenta
Bring 3 cups of water with a teaspoon of salt to a boil, reduce the heat, stir in the corn meal and keep stirring until the corn meal is nice and thick.

Squid
Sauté 2 cloves of garlic, after 2 minutes add an onion or 2 shallots, sauté this for another 5 minutes or so. Add two tablespoons of tomato paste, salt, pepper and the squid. Add a cup of white wine; if you don’t have white wine then you can also use red wine vinegar. The squid should be done in about 5-6 minutes. Toss some chopped parsley on top and serve over polenta

In other languages
Calamari Con Polenta (Italian)
Inktvis met Maïs (Dutch)
Lignje sa palentom (Croatian)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I accidentally hit on your blog, as I was wandering through the blogosphere. However I find important information in your blog.

My name is Sabrina and I live near Venice, Italy. I love calamari...

Congratulations for your blog!
My (Italian) blog is available at: http://tuttidentro.wordpress.com .

Sabrina