Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 | Adobe Photoshop CS3 Upgrade | Adobe Photoshop CS3 | Adobe Photoshop CS3 [Mac] | Adobe Lightroom

Canon Digital Rebel XTi and all Accessories, Lenses and Flashes Collection

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Zooomr CEO Thomas Hawk Likes Microsoft Vista Tag Search For Photos

Zooomr CEO Thomas Hawk decided to take the Vista Plunge. Here is what he said


Why am I upgrading to Vista you might ask? Well, most significantly I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to search for photos by keywords with Vista. I tried searching by keywords from my MacBook over the network … but my Mac kept choking on the search queries. I think this is because my digital library [close to 100,000 digital image files] is too large for the Mac to search it over the network.

...........

Ok, tag search works brilliantly. My first tag search for “neon” pulled up almost 1,000 photos of mine that I’ve keyworded neon using Adobe’s Bridge. EXCELLENT! I’ll have much more to write about the OS later, but the fact that I can now do keyword searches for my photos in Vista adds a lot of value for me.


This is because of Vista Photo Gallery’s support for the Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP), developed by Adobe and used in a variety of professional-strength photo-editing applications.

Read Thomas' post here: http://thomashawk.com/2007/12/taking-vista-plunge.html

No comments: